Yummy family treat!
This peanut butter rice krispie treat will be something everyone will enjoy! A crunchie peanut butter bottom with a smooth chocolate and butterscrotch top make for a yummy combination.
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 6 cups Kellogg's Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Measure out all ingredients before starting.
- Coat 13 x 9 x 2 inch pans with shortening.
- Place corn syrup and sugar into 3-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until sugar dissolves and mixture begins to boil.
- Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter. Mix well.
- Add Kellogg's Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Melt chocolate and butterscotch chips together in a bowl in the microwave. Remove from the microwave every 30-45 seconds to stir until melted.
- Spread evenly over cereal mixture. Let stand until firm.