Join us for a tour of Mozilla's web literacy curriculum and tools. Learn how the internet works and use the Web X-Ray Goggles and Thimble, Mozilla's online code editor, to see inside a webpage and then build your own. Supported by the Mozilla Foundation and IMLS.
Read, Write, and Participate the Web
21st Century Skills
- Know the basics of web mechanics and be able to explain how web content travels across the internet.
- Know the basics of HTML and the fundamental structure of a webpage.
- Know the basics and importance of privacy and encryption and how both show up in our daily lives.
- Know how to use web literacy tools such as the Web X-Ray Goggles and Thimble to remix and write web pages.
- Beginner web users
- Library staff
Day One Agenda
- 10:00 - 10:30 AM - Intro to Mozilla's Web Literacy Resources
- 10:30 - 10:45 AM - Break
- 10:45 - 10:55 AM - Web Literacy Spectrogram
- 10:55 - 11:15 AM - Perform the Net
- 11:15 - 11:30 AM - Tag tag revolution
- 11:30 - 11:55 AM - Introduction to Web X-Ray Goggles & Hack the News
- 11:55 AM - 12:20 PM - Overdue Materials Generator
- 12:20 - 12:30 PM - Privacy & Encryption Basics with Werewolf in the Middle
Up Next --> Spectrogram